1. The School, its management and its holding company shall not be liable for any accident, damage to property, injury or death resulting from the acts, negligent or otherwise, of any bus operator or third party outside the School compound.
2. The School shall be liable strictly only up to the limit of its accident insurance cover for any willful or negligent acts by any licensed bus operator or its employees and agents resulting in accident, damage to property, injury or death which occurs in the School compound.
3. Parents and visitors parking in or around the School compound park at their own risk.
4. Parents or other visitors are requested to park in a place or manner that do not obstructs the free movement of other traffic or in a place reserved for staff, bus operators or other services.
1. The School reserves the right to take whatever necessary disciplinary action it deems appropriate against any student who breaches the disciplinary rules and regulations set out in the School Rules as applied to Primary School and Secondary School.
2. Disciplinary action for offences may include community service, suspension from School and/or expulsion.
3. The School reserves the right to decide what are deemed to be breaches of the School Rules, to amend, add or delete offences on the list of offences and to take whatever disciplinary action it sees fit against students for offences that are not covered by the School Rules but warrant disciplinary action.
4. Clarification of the breaches of discipline can be obtained by referring to the School Rules which can be obtained at the administration office counter or by appointment with the Principal.
5. Students whose parents do not consent to any punishment for breach of the School Rules will be liable to termination of enrolment without compensation of refund of deposit or tuition fees.
PROMOTION OF STUDENTS
1. If a student’s academic performance is, in the opinion of the School, unsatisfactory, the School reserves the right to deny the student promotion to a higher Year / Standard / Form for the next academic year.
2. The School reserves the right to raise or lower this average.
3. Students who are absent for more than 5% of the number of days in the academic year without valid reason may be denied promotion at the discretion of the School.
4. Students who withdraw from the School because they have not been promoted shall still be bound by all rules and regulations relating to refundable deposits and sufficient notice of termination of studies.
LIMITED LIABILITY & INSURANCE
1. The School holds insurance policies for accidents occurring on the School premises. However, parents / guardians are advised to take out their own comprehensive insurance cover for their children.
2. The School, its management and its holding company shall not be liable for any accident, damage to property, injury or death resulting from an act of God, unforeseeable circumstances and / or the acts, negligent or otherwise, of a third party within the School’s compound or the near vicinity.
3. The School shall be liable strictly only up to the limit of its accident insurance cover for any willful or negligent acts by its employees and agents resulting in accident, damage to property, injury or death.
4. In signing their acceptance of the contents of these Rules & Regulations for Enrolment, parents / guardians hereby expressly and fully indemnify the School and its holding company against any accident, damage to property, injury or death resulting from their own willful or negligent act or that of their children / ward or guests.
CHANGE OF ADDRESS
Parents / guardians are required to inform the School immediately in writing whenever there is a change in their mailing address. If the School is not notified of a change in address, then it will not be held responsible for any correspondence that fails to reach parents / guardians.
CONDUCT OF STUDENTS & PARENTS / GUARDIANS
1. In the interests of setting a good example to students, the School requests that parents, guardians and relatives of students conduct themselves in a reasonable and courteous manner at all times when on School premises.
2. The School reserves the right to request parents, guardians or students’ relatives to leave School premises immediately if it is found that they are not or have not acted in such a manner as described in sub-section 9.01.
3. Parents, guardians or relatives of students whether outside or within the School premises are prohibited from engaging in any acts that are detrimental to the reputation of the School or affect to any degree the normal operations of the School.
4. The School reserves the right to deem what acts are detrimental to its reputation or affect its normal operations, but such acts may include :-
5. Acting in a manner that may endanger the safety of students, staff and other persons within School premises.
6. Causing nuisance of any sort that may disrupt the ordinary running and business of the School.
7. Doing any business, distributing leaflets, fliers or material of any sort, soliciting signatures, canvassing votes or collecting funds for any purpose whatsoever without first obtaining official approval from the School.
8. Printing or causing to be printed any images or written material, whether by traditional print media, internet, sms, mms or any other electronic means, that sullies the good name of the School and / or is in any way defamatory of the School, its management or staff or other students.
9. Sub-section 9.04 (iv) shall also strictly apply to students, and where it is reasonable to suppose that such students have instigated others not directly connected to the School to do such acts, then these students shall be held liable as if they had done the acts themselves.
10. The School further reserves the right to request parents, guardians, relatives or associates of students to leave School premises immediately if it is found that such persons are acting or have acted in a manner detrimental to the School’s reputation or affecting normal School operations.
11. Such persons as have been requested to leave the School premises, and who fail to do so, shall be deemed to be trespassing and the School reserves the right to take any action against such persons as permitted by law.
12. The School further reserves the right to terminate the studies of students who themselves or whose parents, guardians, relatives or associates continue to engage in the activities described in sub-section 9.04 after receiving written warning from the School to stop such activities.
13. Students who have their studies terminated under sub-section 9.07 shall not be entitled to a refund of their tuition fees or security deposit.
BREACH OF RULES AND REGULATIONS
The School absolutely reserves the right to terminate the enrolment of students who themselves or whose parents / guardians are in breach of these rules and regulations without refund of deposits, tuition fees or compensation.
CHANGES TO RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. The School absolutely reserves the right to delete, alter, and amend any of the rules and regulations stated here or to make new rules and regulations without notice.
2. Any alterations or additions to these rules and regulations shall be immediately binding on parents / guardians and students on being circulated to the same.
3. Any changes to these rules and regulations shall be considered to have been circulated to all parents by a copy of the revised Rules and Regulations For Enrolment being posted on any of the notice boards in and around the ground floor public areas of the School compound.
Demerit Points System
1. For minor offences, it will start with 1 demerit point. Higher demerit points will be given for repeated cases, subject to the maximum stipulated.
2. For major offences, it will start with 3 to 10 demerit points. Higher demerit points will be given for repeated cases, subject to the maximum stipulated.
3. The demerit points and offence committed will affect a student’s conduct grade
Classification of Offences
1. Attendance-Related Offence (Max 4 demerit points)
• Continued absence from school events
• Late for school
2. Irresponsible Behaviour (Max 5 demerit points)
• Leaving school without permission
• Absence from school without valid reason
• Absence from Co-Curriculum Activities with valid reason
• Absence from lessons or school programmes without valid reason
• Absence from school without notification for 3 days consecutively (1 warning letter -5 demerit points)
3. Attire related offence (Max 4 demerit points)
• Inappropriate attire or grooming
• Long hair
• Not wearing school uniform during school hours.
• Wearing of scandal or slippers without medical reason
• Being a public nuisance
• Disturbing the peace within school premises
• Late for lessons / assembly
• Non compliance to instructions
• Rowdy behavior
• Gambling in school premises
• Refusing to carry out duties
• Using of mobile phones in school
Students that need to bring mobile phones to school must surrender their phones to respective class teachers before school starts. Phones will be returned after school hours.
5. Abuse of school computer or network facilities (max 10 demerit points)
• Copyright infringement
• Spamming, defamation of school / teachers/ peers in blogs or any social media platforms
• Downloading of any sort of videos/music/software etc.
• Browsing / downloading of any adult content or offensive website
• Unauthorized access into another person’s account
6. Behaviour (max 4 demerit points)
• Harassing/insulting/verbal abuse is strictly unacceptable.
• Open defiance and rudeness to people
• Using obscene / foul language
7. Integrity Related offences (Max 10 demerit points)
• Misuse of funds
• Forging signatures on documents
• Cheating in school exams/test.
Students caught cheating will be severely dealt with. They will fail the whole examination.
This applies to alteration of marks or forging ones parent signature on report cards.
• Instigating trouble
• Arson /vandalism/damaging school property
• Bullying / harassing /causing hurt to other person
• Insulting modesty / voyeurism
• Possession of dangerous weapons
• Possession of pornographic materials